Mozambique Fashion Week - Young Designers Round Up




First year of my Fashion Design Course is finished. Exactly a year ago, I was over the moon with the happiness of getting to live my dream. Which brings me to this post's theme, at this point I am back in Mozambique for holidays and I have had the amazing opportunity to sit right next to the judges panel, composed by @Derek Geddes, @Michelle Andrews and @Bryan Ramkilawan, along with Candice Moodie and Randall Abrahams.

Me, Derek Geddes, Bryan Ramkilawan, Candice Moodie and Randall Abrahams
Let's begin the roundup of the young designers. I personally believe that this year showed us that our designers are even more aware of what's trending around the world, regarding hemlines, style lines, fit, colours and creativity. Some of those designers really impressed me, and the judges, by the quality, the design and the concept behind every garment.


Amira Amin

Deria Judas

Deria Judas

Hannah Dai

Kutsura


Kutsura



Maboo

Maboo

Pinto Musica

Pinto Musica

Ana Pene

Ana Pene

And the winner of the night was Telma Orlando. I had the honor of naming and handing her award. Take a look at her amazing pieces.

Telma Orlando

Telma Orlando

Telma Orlando
These are my favorite ones. I believe Telma was the best because she found a way to merge the "capulana" fabric and prints, with the most modern cuts, style lines, nice short dresses, asymmetrical hems, open backs, and peplums. I think she got it right in every piece.

Congratulations Telma! I really wish you can accomplish all your dreams, and I know this was one of them! I am glad I was part of it.

And you, what did you think?

xo,
Mingas


SHARE IT

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment/ Deixe uma mensagem/ Deje un comentário/ Laissez un Message●●

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011