1980s Power Tunes Photography/ Styling Brief.



Here comes my favorite photography/styling task I had last year. We had a collaboration brief with the students from the Stellenbosch Academy of Design and Photography, right up our road here in Technopark, and we had a theme and a song assigned to us: Power Tunes of the 1980s, Madonna - Like a Virgin. I screamed with excitement when I got the song! It was great!

We decided to go full on Madonna style in the 1980's, with lots of lace, tulle, and some edgy accessories. We also chose to work with two models, a brunette and a blonde to create a kind of an "opposites" feel.


 We contacted and photographed the Casa Labia in Muizenberg, on a hot, sunny day, and everything was perfect.



Kyla Girdwood, the photographer, and the model she chose, Dani (the brunette), were very active with the lighting and setting up all their tools, and giving styling ideas, since they are both photography students.



While Me, Eljo Grobler and Michelle (the blonde model - also a student at our school) were hands-on with the styling and giving ideas for poses and different places to take photos in the building.
We got along very well so everything went smoothly.
I had a lot of fun editing the photos, it's one of the things I like the most, along with photography itself.
This is the broad result, but there were many, many stunning shots.
I also experimented with these last shots.


We had to edit it with a magazine layout, a sort of edgy look like "One Small Seed", for instance. I tried my best...

Great work, overall. I enjoyed it very much.
What do you think?

Cheers ;)

SHARE IT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FANCY FASHION SHOW - Uma nova força na moda Moçambicana

Meet Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011