Fred Sathal at MB Fashion Week Africa

In July I have had the opportunity to meet Fred Sathal during the AFI Fastrack Seminar, where students and representatives from Elizabeth Galloway Academy of Fashion Design such as myself attended, as well as other Fashion Institutions. She showed us a slideshow with images of her creations. The french designer is nothing short of Extraordinary, her work speaks miles, her work is just absolutely amazing.

Born in 1966, Sathal is a protean artist, whose work as a visual artist is embodied through various identities under which she plays with graphics, design, performing arts and contemporary art (sculpture, installation, mixed media, drawing). "My works of art, either sartorial, plastic, photographic or graphic, embody the role of energy and has a familiar touch with a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ that gives it a certain strangeness – devoured, twisted, woven, coloured in, embroidered, tattooed, stamped, knotted, mangled.” she says. 

When I saw the pictures of her show at the #MBFWA, I knew the theme even before I looked into her blog: 
Please enjoy "CONSTELLATIONS" by Fred Sathal.










 

Her attention to detail, embroidered garments, and translation of vision and history made me fall in love with the way this artist devotes herself to her craft. If there is something that I, as a designer, would live to accomplish, is to be as dedicated, thorough and expressive as Ms. Sathal.

Merveilleux!!!


xo

Mingas
Photo credits:

Excerpts retrieved at:


SHARE IT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011