The 3rd Year Graduate Fashion Show


It finally happened!! To best explain I will quote a post I made on Facebook last night.
It took two minutes. Maybe a little bit more maybe a little less. But it was so fast and then it was gone. I experienced a pocketful of emotions ranging from excitement, happiness, pride, to fear, disappointment and lack of confidence. Its alright, by the third time i think i should be used to it. What's the difference now then?

 I made it from scratch. Blood, sweat, tears, insomnia, anxiety, hunger and thirst i did it all. I am always going to strive to do something different. Something out of the box. Something I identify with. I understand that, because of that, people might not appreciate the lack of mainstream appeal to my clothing, or because it is not what you see in the stores, but it was an attempt. A good attempt. As an artist I am never satisfied and therefore am looking at all the flaws and thinking about what's next. But I wanted to open a door. To a different experience, different concept. And i think and hope I have achieved that. This is for me a step up from following trends, by trying to maybe create a new one within other designers alike and the world. This was my Self Expression Range. And I feel I have expressed myself.


I decided to make a quick collage of the outfits using both professional photos - courtesy of Simon Deiner, my illustrations for the project and a picture taken by my sister, sitting cozy in front row.
Check them out!


This first look has a reversible jacket, a cotton knit top and cropped trousers with oversize capulana pockets. I enhanced the contrasts in the sleeves and collar, to highlight the combination of colours.


The second look, had a reversible cape, denim and capulana, cotton knit top and denim skirt. I let the look speak for itself but it was intended to be fun, flirty and comfortable all in one. 


Look number three had Gina, the model, feeling like a badass - in her own words. The trousers have knee insets that are topstitched as seen below:


And many more other details that will be presented after we do the photoshoot for this range, as per the school's request.



I am an extremely self-aware person, and I constantly think, rethink and overthink my designs, my ideas and often second-guess myself. This is who I am and I am trying to take some control over that otherwise I will never finish anything.
I am proud of my accomplishments. I am having a big tendency to get a bit defensive over everything but a girl can only do so much. It's here, out for the world to see. And I am happy.


Thanks for everyone's support through this period, specially my parents and my family, without whom none of this would have been possible.

Comment, if you like :)


Photos courtesy of Simon Deiner Photography
And Barbara Loforte's phone :)

SHARE IT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FANCY FASHION SHOW - Uma nova força na moda Moçambicana

Meet Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011