AFW - Final Round up - including Moz Designer Taibo Bacar

Hey guys,

How was your weekend? Mine was the bomb, but I'll be skipping details, only to mention that I have such adoring friends and family *sigh*...Anyway lets get down to business, we're late!! Here's the follow up of my report of Africa Fashion Week.


Thoki Tafeni

Thoki, I had never heard of her but I'm really positively impressed. Add sexy, white, and romanticism, with an attitude of a Goddess. Loved it.




 Lola Faturoti

Said to be inspired by the Ndembele Tribe of South Africa, Lola used a mix of flowy and soft fabrics like silk, sheer, chiffon, and created some beautiful pieces. 








Lalesso

All their S/S 2012 collections screams Summer. The printed fabrics in the casual wear, mixed with black fabrics maybe to tone down the summery like looks, made this collection a wishlist favorite.





LaQuan Smith

This was a special day, two great designers presented astounding collections. LaQuan made ubersexy dresses, mainly black. Sexy pencil skirts, lace, and oh Diva attitude, some cut outs and bold shoulders, and he even got me going. I loved this collection.



Taibo Bacar

Well, isn't this our (already featured here) favorite Mozambican designer, Taibo, presenting his Ode to Samora Machel and the year of 1975 (Mozambique's independence year and its first President)? Well, I dont know if all of you get the spirit, but I think the soft greens and khakis, and the black LBDs say it all. Taibo was super excited to present a collection that mostly represents his country, in such a beautiful and glorious time. I see some favorites here, and I'm sure to see most of these pieces worn by every fashionable lady. Love this collection. Soft, and strong. And ultimately, as always, Feminine.




Parabéns Taibo :)



And last but definitely not least,

David Tlale

To close the fabulous 3 days of fashion in AFW, David presented a collection that speaks on its own. It has this "walking dead" vibe to it, like super elegant zombies in a runway wearing sequins, silks, chiffons, and all that glam. Kudos to the makeup artistry, and to their impersonation of Tlale's collection. Take a look.






And that's all for AFW.

What did you think of these glorious collections. I fell deeply in love with many of those pieces.

I hope you like this page, I work very hard to make it look better everyday. If you have any idea, query, suggestion, do not hesitate to contact me via fashionable.mi@gmail.com

Ciao bellas!


Photo credits
Simon Deiner
SHARE IT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011